Introduction to Women’s & Gender Studies
by Colleen Lutz Clemens, Ph.D.
Keywords: Gender, Women’s Studies, Intersectionality, Health
About the Book
Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies (2023) is an eTextbook designed to provide an introduction to the fields of Women’s Studies and Gender Studies for students taking introductory courses. The textbook touches on a variety of subjects including gender theories, feminisms, intersectionality, equity, and activism. Chapters contain questions to consider and list of suggested readings by theorists and activists. This multimedia eTextbook incorporates videos and podcasts to create a rich introductory experience for students.
- Gender Equity
- Gender & the World
- Gender Inequity Throughout History
- Gender Issues in Today’s Society
- Gender Gaps
- Pathways to Gender Equity
- Supporting Gender Equity
- Publication Year: 2023
- Edition: First
- Subject: Women’s & Gender Studies
The eTextbooks created as a part of this program are provided in two formats: ePub and PDF. Please refer to our Reader Support section for guidance on which format may be best for you and the device(s) you use.
If you are an instructor seeking to use this eTextbook in your own course(s) please feel free to download the ePub and/or PDF file(s) for your use, but make sure to complete our eTextbook Usage Survey (this information is used for program evaluation purposes).
If you are interested in making revisions and edits to this eTextbook please note that this is possible since the book is under a Creative Commons License, which allows you to remix, reuse, revise, and redistribute the eTextbook. Please refer to the Faculty Support Page, specifically looking at Remixing. You can download Introduction to Women’s & Gender Studies Pages File in order to use the original document to revise and remix the eTextbook for your purposes.
MLA: Clemens, Colleen Lutz. Introduction to Women’s & Gender Studies. First, The Pennsylvania Alliance for Design of Open Textbooks (PA-ADOPT), 2023.
APA: Clemens, C. L. (2023). Introduction to Women’s & Gender Studies. (First). The Pennsylvania Alliance for Design of Open Textbooks (PA-ADOPT).
Chicago: Clemens, Colleen Lutz. Introduction to Women’s & Gender Studies. First. The Pennsylvania Alliance for Design of Open Textbooks (PA-ADOPT), 2023.
This eTextbook went through an Open Peer Review process. The peer review process used the Open SUNY Textbook Peer Review Guidelines, allowing peer reviewers to read the text carefully and evaluate the following:
- Educational Significance of Content including accuracy, appropriate and useful materials, valid and significant concepts, models, and skills, and key elements;
- Effectiveness as a Teaching Resource including a clear explanation of the concepts, alignment of materials to the learning process of the target audience, and alignment of the learning objectives with course goals; and
- Readability and Ease of Use including clarity and comprehensiveness, consistent writing style, readability and ease of use (logic, sequence, and flow), appropriateness for target readership level, and quality of Interactivity and multimedia learning objects.