Laboratory Manual: General Chemistry I Honors
by Adedoyin M. Adeyiga, Ph.D.
Keywords: Lab Manual, Chemistry
About the Book
General Chemistry I Honors Laboratory Manual (2023) is an eTextbook designed to provide a practical, hands-on approach to learning chemistry for students taking General Chemistry I Honors courses. The manual covers fundamental principles of chemistry, including atomic structure, chemical bonding, stoichiometry, gas laws, and thermodynamics. The book is divided into chapters, each focusing on a specific topic. Each experiment in the manual is accompanied by step-by-step instructions, pre-lab questions, and post-lab questions, helping students to develop their analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Calculations in the Chemistry Laboratory
- Experiment One: Which Antacid is Most Effective?
- Experiment Two: Extraction of Fat and Determination of Fat Content of Candy Bars
- Experiment Three: Identifying Some Constituents of Bones
- Experiment Four: Synthesis of Tylenol
- Experiment Five: Separation and Identification of Components of Combination Analgesics
- Publication Year: 2023
- Edition: First
- Subject: Chemistry
The eTextbooks created as a part of this program are provided in two formats: ePub and PDF. Please refer to our Reader Support section for guidance on which format may be best for you and the device(s) you use.
If you are an instructor seeking to use this eTextbook in your own course(s) please feel free to download the ePub and/or PDF file(s) for your use, but make sure to complete our eTextbook Usage Survey (this information is used for program evaluation purposes).
If you are interested in making revisions and edits to this eTextbook please note that this is possible since the book is under a Creative Commons License, which allows you to remix, reuse, revise, and redistribute the eTextbook. Please refer to the Faculty Support Page, specifically looking at Remixing. You can download Laboratory Manual: General Chemistry I Honors‘ Apple Pages File in order to use the original document to revise and remix the eTextbook for your purposes.
MLA: Adeyiga, Adedoyin. Laboratory Manual: General Chemistry I Honors. First, The Pennsylvania Alliance for Design of Open Textbooks (PA-ADOPT), 2023.
APA: Adeyiga, A. (2023). Laboratory Manual: General Chemistry I Honors. (First). The Pennsylvania Alliance for Design of Open Textbooks (PA-ADOPT).
Chicago: Adeyiga, Adedoyin. Laboratory Manual: General Chemistry I Honors. First. The Pennsylvania Alliance for Design of Open Textbooks (PA-ADOPT), 2023.
This eTextbook went through an Open Peer Review process. The peer review process used the Open SUNY Textbook Peer Review Guidelines, allowing peer reviewers to read the text carefully and evaluate the following:
- Educational Significance of Content including accuracy, appropriate and useful materials, valid and significant concepts, models, and skills, and key elements;
- Effectiveness as a Teaching Resource including a clear explanation of the concepts, alignment of materials to the learning process of the target audience, and alignment of the learning objectives with course goals; and
- Readability and Ease of Use including clarity and comprehensiveness, consistent writing style, readability and ease of use (logic, sequence, and flow), appropriateness for target readership level, and quality of Interactivity and multimedia learning objects.
As a part of the open peer review process, the public review conducted by Dr. Nicole Santerre will be made available on this page soon.